The LegalMatch Law Library offers 296 articles about various aspects of divorce. One of the most popular is their Divorce FAQs article. Here are the main points this informative overview covers:
- What is the Definition of Divorce?
Generally speaking, the definition of divorce is the termination of a marriage.
- What Does “Grounds for Divorce” Mean?
Some states require a “grounds for divorce” in order for the couple to file for divorce.
- Are There Any Waiting Periods for Divorce?
Some states enforce waiting periods before a divorce is finalized.
- What’s Marital Property?
Marital property is usually defined as any property that the couple accumulated together during the time period in which they were married.
- What Does “Alimony” or Spousal Support Mean?
In some divorce cases, the judge may order one party to pay alimony or spousal support.
- How are Child Custody, Child Visitation, and Child Support Factored?
In most divorce cases, the issues of child custody, visitation, and support are major aspects of the proceeding.
More in the next post about Divorce.